Friday, June 25, 2010

View from the top. Either side is a long way down.



Crevice to fit through on the left...and yes, this is part of the hike.
I opted to stay with the little kids.


Not sure if I would fit through here. Did I mention this is a
one way hike...and once you start you have to finish.



Top of one of the peaks.


On Father's day, Matt did the Phoenix Mountain hike in Dandong, but I personally would refer to it as the "don't slip and fall or you will plummet thousands of feet to your death and we don't want you to die because we love you and it's Father's day" hike. I don't think pictures do it justice. This hike involved, going through a dark cave, fitting through narrow crevices, pulling yourself up stairs on the cliff side of the mountain and walking across a balance beam tip of a mountain holding onto railings, that who knows how are attached to the mountain. It was a 4 hour hike that he will always remember. I think he is amazing and I am very proud of him for not only attempting it, but finishing it. I am also very thankful he didn't slip and fall off the mountain.

4 comments:

  1. WOW those pictures are amazing. Glad you didn't die :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad Matt didn't fall off the mountain! I think I'll skip that part of the tour if we make it to China to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures... Looks like a hike Rick would enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks fantastic! What a Father's day thing to do - leave the family and try not to fall to your death! Good thing we know God is watching over you and you lived to prove it! Way to go Matt. I'll pray for you harder. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete